Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Yesterday was a big day!

I had my first OB appointment yesterday with the Nurse Practitioner.  We went over all the normal stuff...family history, she listened to my heart and lungs, etc.  Then we addressed my prior pregnancy history: how long I carried the pregnancy for, how big the babies were when they were born, any complications during the pregnancy and/or delivery, and so on.  Seemed like it was taking FOREVER until we got to the fun part - being able to hear the baby's heartbeat! 

It took her several minutes to find it, but once she did, the very quick thump, thump, thump, thump filled the room.  The little baby's heartbeat was 171.  And she said I was measuring right on track for 11 weeks.  It really dawned on me yesterday just how different this pregnancy is going to be!  First, she actually listened for the heartbeat whereas when I was pregnant with the girls, we always looked for them via ultrasound.  And secondly, I will most likely be measuring on track as opposed to several weeks ahead!

Anyway, Nate also started a new job yesterday.  It's a position with a new company that we're very excited about.  He said that he's really going to like it and that he definitely has a lot to learn!  Overall, it's a good change for him and his schedule/vacation time will be very beneficial when the new baby comes.

I'll update about the girls soon.  I gotta start getting ready for work.  I'm working the dreaded PM shift today.  I really dislike my Tuesdays.  Start work at 3pm and don't get home till midnight.  Yuck.

No comments: