Monday, January 4, 2010

Two sick kids = no fun at all

So Happy New Year to us!  We're enduring our first sickness ever.  Minus a couple low grade fevers and one of the girls throwing up just once (and then acting fine immediately after), they've never been sick...until yesterday.  Adalyn woke up at 4am Sunday morning, had a bottle, and went back to bed for a couple hours as per her usual routine.  She woke up at 6:30am and within about fifteen minutes, she threw up all over Nate.  This continued for a good chunk of the day and even during our car ride home - we were out of town at my parents house all weekend to celebrate Christmas.  However, by the evening, she was pretty much back to her old self.  The little devil came out in her!

Fast forward to about 3:30 this afternoon.  Alivia was taking a nap and woke up crying a bit which isn't unusual when she wants out of her crib.  When I went to get her, she wasn't standing or even sitting like she normally is, she was still laying on her side.  I picked her up and she immediately put her head down on my shoulder.  So I thought "ok, I'll take her into our bed to see if she'll sleep for another half hour or so" (her nap only lasted about 30 minutes and they usually take over an hour).  So I laid in bed with her.  She seemed to be dozing off and then suddenly got up on her hands and knees and proceeded to vomit all over my right shoulder.  She threw up so much that it actually soaked through my shirt, my bra, the corner of my pillow, the bed sheet, the mattress pad, and the electric mattress pad.  And she's thrown up several times since then.  Poor girl.

Both of them just went down for the night.  I'm hoping they both do well overnight.  It breaks my heart to see them so miserable!  But I knew our good fortune had to run out soon.  They're almost 15 months old and have never been sick.  Let's hope it's a 24 hour bug and they're both fine in the morning!  Sometimes it's nuts in this house when they're both showcasing the devils in them, but then we know they're healthy!  So I'll gladly exchange my sick, lethargic kiddos for the ones with the little horns!!

No comments: