Friday, December 18, 2009

We're making sleep progress

Well hello blogworld, it's nice to meet you again. I feel like I haven't written in ages! So much to do, so little time.

In the middle of my long work stretch, we had a 3 day span where both of the girls slept straight through the night!! Holy moly, are you kidding me?! It was fantastic. The past two nights, Adalyn's been up once and Alivia's been up once. Overall I can't complain. But I think they're finally catching on to this whole sleep business!

In more disheartening news, I give up. Little Miss Addi gets a nasty, nasty diaper rash every 2-3 weeks. No matter what we do or how fast we change her it rears its ugly head. That poor little girl. Makes me so sad for her that there's nothing we can do for her. This all started back in June and we've been dealing with it since. And it comes on so fast. At one diaper change she looks as clear as day. Just hours later, she's flaming red. Just breaks my heart.

On a brighter note, little Miss Alivia has become so good at mimicking what you do. If you raise your hand, she raises her hand. If you growl at her, she growls right back. And she loves playing peek-a-boo, being chased and hiding in corners. Their little personalities are really emerging (as you can see from the video posted of Adalyn).

Here are some classic pictures of Alivia. She's always trying to carry around more than her little hands can. So she's found another way...

What?!


Look at that smile emerging from that mouthful!


Even during a diaper change she was NOT going to give up her 4 nuks!

No comments: