Monday, June 1, 2009

Holy moly, they did it!!

So what could I possible be so excited about? Well...BOTH of the girls slept straight through the night last night! Alivia slept for 10 hours and Adalyn slept for a whopping 11 1/2! Prior to last night, the girls had never slept through the night at the same time. Alivia has been sleeping through the night since she was about 3 months old. But Adalyn was still waking every few hours. Once every few weeks, Adalyn would have a good stretch of maybe 6-7 hours or so, but it never failed...when that would happen, then Alivia would be up!

The odd thing about Adalyn now sleeping well at night (she slept 7+ hours in a row the prior three nights) is that she cut a tooth as of yesterday morning! So when most kids become pretty restless at night when they're teething, apparently it helps mine sleep! Yup, we're always the oddballs. I'm used to it.

And the funny thing about Adalyn sleeping through the night is that just last week I jokingly told Nate that we could start *thinking* about adding a third one to the family when she is sleeping through the night (again, Alivia has not been a problem because she's been doing it for months). Nate's response was "so we're never going to have another baby." Neither one of us had much hope that she would ever start sleeping well. But apparently Adalyn wants a baby brother or sister!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMO (which, I know, you didn't ASK me for!) ...
this is MUCH too soon for you to be thinking
about having another baby!

My third child arrived when my twin girls were
just 21 months old, and I DO NOT recommend
this close of 'spacing' ...

though I suppose if ALL you do is THINK about
it, that MIGHT be okay ...

just DO NOT get 'carried away' (is my point!)

-- dhsh (in mfld)

PS: Also, do you know that, now that you have
been identified as a "twin bearer", your chances
of having a second twin pregnancy have shot WAY
up, to one in seventeen (rather than the 'normal'
one in eighty) ???

Jess said...

dhsh -

I like you. I have loved reading your comments from the day you found my blog. I've enjoyed hearing about your experiences and have taken to heart your wisdom.

Please email me at ourtwintale@hotmail.com

I would love to "talk" to you about other things you have experienced as a mother of twins.