Friday, March 20, 2009

A family of 3?

What's that? Yeah, so it was a year ago today that we found out that we would be skipping that whole "family of 3" milestone and head straight to a family of 4!! I still remember the day so well. I had to leave my internship early to have an ultrasound to rule out an ectopic pregnancy on my left side. The student who started the ultrasound was not explaining anything to me. But I was 95% sure I was seeing two babies. Finally the student went to get the other tech who immediately confirmed that we were expecting twins. And I remember how all the blood rushed out of my head.

Here we went from fearing that I might have an ectopic pregnancy to finding out that "the baby" was growing where it was supposed to be...oh, and there is an additional baby. What? Oh geez. What a day, what a day. And then poor Nate found out over the phone. I called him from the parking lot because I had to regain my composure before I could drive home. For some reason, and one that I still don't know the answer to, he asked "so there is only one baby?" I didn't intend to tell him until he got home from work so that he could see the ultrasound pictures, but after he asked me that, I felt as though I couldn't flat out lie to him.

So here is a little look back in time....

At just shy of 8 weeks pregnant.

Alivia on the left and Adalyn the right (in both pics)

Exactly 1 year later.....

My how they grow.

They went from looking like little blobs to these perfectly formed and precious little babies. I loved them from the day I saw them during that ultrasound. And my love for them has grown just as much as they have. Corny...but true.

No comments: