Sunday, January 18, 2009

Show and tell

I would say that one of the most commonly asked questions (besides whether or not they are twins or if they are identical vs. fraternal) is "how do you feed them both at the same time?" First of all, when we are home alone with them, we keep our fingers crossed that they won't be on the same schedule so that we can hold and cuddle each of them while they are eating. Otherwise, this is what it sometimes looks like....



We put them in their boppy pillows and either prop the bottles with blankets (usually only if we have to get another bottle warmed or change a diaper), or we sit on the floor and hold both of the bottles for the girls. We hate doing it, but sometimes you just do what you have to do to survive! And trust me, two infants wailing at the same time is no fun! And unforunately, they haven't really learned the concept of patience quite yet. Haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When my twin girls were the age yours are now, I sat on the couch, with one baby snuggled up to my right thigh, and the other baby snuggled up to my left thigh; and I held both their bottles at once, and bounced the eye-contact back and forth as 'equally' as I could manage ... while also talking and/or singing to them. It met MY needs; I do not know if it met theirs 'fully'
or not. But we all survived into the up-to-the-minute present (thank goodness!) ... and just came back
from a Caribbean cruise together!

-- Dot Shields (Marshfield, WI)