Monday, December 8, 2008

8 weeks

The girls are 8 weeks old today. Everyone tells me that they have grown so much. I guess since I am around them every day, I don't really see how much they've changed. But you would think that I would know how much they're growing, because we have retired their newborn clothes, and I think we are getting extremely close to doing the same thing with the 0-3 month clothes. They are just getting too stinking long for their little toes to fit in the bottom of the sleepers! Weight-wise, they could probably wear them for a quite a while yet, but their little legs just don't have much room.

Adalyn rolled over while we were at Nate's parents' house for Thanksgiving. And both girls are really starting to smile a lot...probably Adalyn more than Alivia at this point. We try not to compare who does what earlier or more than the other, but it is really hard! Alivia rolled over a week and a half before Adalyn. But Adalyn is the one who tracks things more with her eyes and smiles more. We jokingly say that Adalyn is our "brains" child and Alivia is our "brawn."

Here are a few pictures of sisterly love......it's a love/hate relationship. ;)






They have their 2 month appointment next Monday. I am excited to see how much they weigh now, but I am NOT excited for all of the shots! I get to watch one of my little peanuts get her shots, only to hand over my other little peanut to watch it all over again. Yuck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so enjoying your 'picture album' ... it brings
back such a flood of memories of my daughters'
earliest weeks and months. I don't remember
how I discovered your blog ... it just 'happened'
as I was following something else, a week or so
ago. And if you don't mind a stranger's presence
too much, I will keep on reading/viewing your
entries, as a fellow mother-of-twins, even
though I'm several decades older than you
are ... Thank you for sharing!

-- Dot Shields (Marshfield, WI)