Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Still no babies

Can you believe it?? I really don't even have much to say. My appt today was rather disappointing. My body is screaming to be done.

The belly is getting massive. I am measuring as though I am 45 1/2 weeks pregnant! That's 5+ weeks overdue if I was carrying one baby! Or 9 weeks further along than I really am. Dr L was absolutely shocked that I am still pregnant. She thought I would have for surely delivered while she was on vacation. And I thought so too. But here I am. Still pregnant. Talk about two stubborn babies!

Dr L actually has me coming back on Friday. I'm not exactly sure why because I didn't exactly ask. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I'm hoping that if I have progressed any further, she will admit me and help the process along.

Since I stopped the terbutaline on Saturday, I have been contracting every 4-5 minutes. So for over 72 hours now. Unfortunately, they are not terribly painful...yes, I WANT them to be painful because I know that's the only way this is all going to end. And they're not getting any closer either. I've gotten very little (if any) sleep during this time, which in the end, makes everything a lot harder to deal with. I seriously think I am going to get MORE sleep after the babies are here. I'm only getting about an hour a night right now. But I'm still trucking along. Despite my miseries, I am ever so grateful to have made it this far.

So really, there isn't much to report. The only thing I really know for sure is that these babies will NOT reside in their mobile home longer than 11 more days. Eviction day is still no further away than October 18th.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's terrific you've made it so far! My goal was always 36 weeks too, and I made it to 37 exactly. My cervix started to shorten around 28 weeks, so I was afraid I wouldn't make it that long.

Anonymous said...

wowsa jess--maybe they will share my birthday! would one more week really be so bad :) just kidding...don't hate me for that comment! hang in there hun!

Anonymous said...

I'll be gone for the weekend, but look forward to an update when I return!! Can't wait to meet these babies!!