Friday, October 10, 2008

Let the swelling begin

Still here. Still pregnant. Oh yes, and still huge!

I've started to swell a bit in the past couple of days. It's not terrible. Just enough to make my ankles and feet uncomfortable when I jam them into shoes.

I've also started to feel "off" in the past few days. So I'm thinking that it's not much longer now. But what the heck do I know...the babies have had everyone fooled for weeks! They are very much on their own agenda. So as much as I may feel as though delivery could be just hours or a couple days away, my motherly instinct has sucked!

However, the exit out has dilated to 3cm now. And my belly has essentially become one big contraction that won't go away. It's constantly rock solid. Dr L agreed that it's going to be very difficult for me to determine when I start experiencing regular contractions because of my "solidness," so I'm going to have to rely on other signs. Great. For those of you who don't like labor talk, just skip to the next paragraph (i.e. don't read any further).......she even said that it might be hard to tell if my water breaks because Baby A is so low that its head will just act like a cork! Again, great. So how exactly am I supposed to know if I am in labor? I can't rely on contractions. I can't rely on knowing if my water breaks, etc. She said we should definitely know I'm in labor if we see HAIR!! Haha. Ok, funny but not. So we just wait.

Anyway, for those of you who prayed to keep these little ones in place weeks ago...I think you may have prayed a tad too hard! Just kidding. I do appreciate the prayers to get them this far. But now start praying that they make their grand entrance...soon!

1 comment:

Carly said...

WOW! That's all I can say is...WOW!
You are amazing! You and your body are more than willing to be done with this whole deal. Your children are just a little too comfortable ;)

We will pray for God's Speed...

Thanks again for the update!