Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Explosion Part 2

So if the pictures just didn't convince you that I really did explode, here is some indisputable evidence...I had an OB appt today, and I measured in at an astounding 43 weeks!! That's 8 1/2 weeks bigger than what I really am! So if I was carrying one baby, it would be as though I was carrying a baby who was 3 full weeks overdue. Yes people, I am large. Painfully large. I don't think there is a muscle in my body that doesn't ache.

Otherwise, my appt went well. It was my 16th(!!) visit. Fourteen of them have been with Dr. L. I seriously think I am going to go through withdrawals once this is all over with.

However, Dr. L gave me strict orders that I am not allowed to have these babies until October 4th because she is going on vacation until then. So in the mean time, she told me to use a lot of duct tape! Ha! I did ask her about the "induction date" of 10/18, and like I had thought, she really doesn't think that I will get that far either. But she said that we will at least have our ducks in a row.

Anyway, it was a pretty ho-hum visit...which I'm not used to! Usually the babies are causing some sort of drama! But yeah, so delivery is on hold for at least another 11 days. If only I could control that. Given my size, I really do want to evict them...badly. But I am still holding out hope that if I can make it to 36 weeks (ironically, Oct 4th), not only will Dr. L be back in town, but there is a greater likelihood that we will leave the hospital with babies in tow. 36 weeks has been my goal from the beginning....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for 35 weeks! i've come to terms with the fact that your babies won't share my exact birthday...but here's hoping for another set of october twins!