Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm really spoiled

Yup. That's me. Spoiled. And I'm not afraid to admit it!

On Sunday, my very good friend Heather came to visit and she brought along some yummy Coldstone Creamery ice cream. She could have taken the leftovers home with her, but instead, she left them for me! She also came bearing a few gifts, which was very nice of her. But not nearly as nice as her company!

And tomorrow, my mom is going to be coming to spend the night so she can take me to my appointments on Thursday. Well, my aunt Kathy is making her fabulous cheesy potatoes for me. My grandma is sending a bunch of food as well. And my mom is bringing chicken and rice!! We're not talking leftovers people -- we're talking freshly made dishes just for me! Well, I suppose I will share with Nate. Haha. Looks as though everyone wants to keep me and these babies well fed!

Then of course, there is Nate. Poor guy has taken on so much -- working extra hours to make up for some of our lost income because I'm not working (obviously), doing all the chores around the house, maintaining the lawn, waiting on me left and right, etc. At night he portions out food into lunch-sized containers so I can microwave them on my way to the bathroom and then pick them up on my way back to the couch. He also washes, peels, and cuts up fresh fruit and puts it in a big bowl for me to snack on. And in the morning before he leaves for work, he fills up my water and brings me my cereal for breakfast. He has essentially taken on like 4 full time jobs. What a trooper. I am so proud of him for everything he is doing and for how well he is taking care of me.

One note about the babies. Poor little Baby A got the hiccups twice yesterday. Each session lasted at least 10-15 minutes. It was cute at first, but then I felt so bad! Who likes to hiccup for over 10 minutes? Meanwhile, I think the second episode kind of ticked off Baby B, because he/she started kicking violently...maybe trying to get Baby A to stop?? Who knows. Oh the sibling love...

1 comment:

Carly said...

Hey Jess,
Glad to hear you are feeling better. You are super lucky to have all that wonderful support. Nate should win the father of the year and the husband of the year award! Have fun with you Mom-hope you get more good news at your apts.