Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hooray for 28 weeks!!

Bed-head and no make-up at 28 weeks. But don't focus on that!!

One milestone down. Hopefully many more to come! I read somewhere that from here on out, each day the babies stay in my belly, is (on average) 3 less days they will spend in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). That is huge! So each day truly is a blessing.

The medication I have been taking has done a very good job at decreasing the contractions. I still notice a couple of them an hour, but they aren't nearly as frequent as before. The side effects aren't really getting any easier...racing heartbeat, heart palpitations, jittery, hot flashes, etc. But the med is doing its main job, so that's all that matters.

I have had quite a few people offer to come visit, and that makes me so excited! Bedrest can be an isolating experience. In fact, Nate moved our recliner out to the driveway yesterday so I could get some fresh air and chit-chat with some neighbors. Anyway, for those who are wondering if they could stop by, you are absolutely more than welcome! My social calendar is blank, so anytime of the day is a good time. But visitors beware -- there is a mini tornado that rolled through the house! The area in my immediate living space (around the couch) is a disaster zone. I have my meds, water, kleenex, remote controls, reading material, check book (still paying those bills!), probably some dirty dishes and/or wrappers, etc. So I apologize in advance for the mess.

Here's to another week!!

1 comment:

Molly M. said...

You look radiant, Jess. You just glow! I'm glad you've had some positive news and things are going mostly well. You and the little ones continue to be in my prayers. I wish I lived closer so I could keep you company for a while. I hope the little ones stay in as long as necessary so that they are healthy, and also that you continue to be well.

Molly