Tuesday, July 15, 2008

OB appointment #6

I passed inspection again. Blood pressure was 104/74. Dr. L was very happy about the ultrasound results from last week. She said that their weights couldn't be more perfect. The weight difference between them is only 2%. It's when the weight difference becomes more than 20% that they begin to get worried. I am currently 24 1/2 weeks pregnant but measuring like I am 30 1/2 weeks! Dr. L said that I am looking really good and she is very pleased with how this pregnancy is progressing thus far.

Baby B (the one on the right) really surprised me today because he/she has flipped upside down sometime in the past few days. I really didn't think I had felt that much movement from Baby B in order for him/her to do a somersault. I definitely feel Baby A much more than Baby B -- so needless to say, I was pretty shocked to find out that Baby B is now head up. Baby A remains head down and has been able to find my ribs lately with its little feet!

At my next visit in 2 weeks, I will be taking my glucose tolerance test to see if I have developed gestational diabetes. It is more common in women carrying more than one baby, so I am going to keep my fingers crossed that I pass that inspection too!!

No comments: