Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Good appointment yesterday

So in the words of Dr. L, I "passed my inspection." My blood pressure remains good at 106/70. I am currently measuring as though I am 28 weeks pregnant if I were carrying one baby (whereas I am currently 22 1/2 weeks). And people tell me that my belly is just a little bump!! Both babies remained head down which I was so surprised about given the amount of movement I have been feeling (and seeing!) in the past several days. Hopefully they will remain that way or at least be head down by delivery day so we can attempt a vaginal delivery.

Both heart rates were in the 140's to 150's. And both babies were sound asleep. About an hour before my appointment, my belly was moving and shaking all over the place, so I knew they would be tuckered out by appointment time. Baby A was actually hiccuping. Poor little thing's head kept bouncing off its chest so hard that I am afraid that little baby is going to have whiplash!! And Baby B actually blinked at the camera! I missed it the first time when Dr. L excitedly said "did you see him blink?!" When I told her that I was watching the heartbeat instead, she kept the focus on Baby B to see if he would do it again. It took about 3 minutes or so, but sure enough, he blinked!! Amazing.

Fluid levels around each baby look really good. We have another big ultrasound scheduled for July 11, so we will know at that point if they are still growing at about the same rate. Plus I will have more pictures to share!!

As for my pain -- I have hydronephrosis on my right kidney. Things are becoming so cramped in there already, that fluid is backing up into my kidney creating a lot of pressure. It should go away after delivery. Actually, it seems to have gotten so much better in the last week or so. So I will just keep my fingers crossed.

In other exciting news, Nate got to feel the babies for the first time on Saturday. He was pretty thrilled and kept giggling each time they would bump his hand. He has not seen them move yet, but I think that is just a matter of days before they are super active while he is home. They are either really active in the middle of the day when he's not here or I am at work, or in the middle of the night when I don't want to wake him up!

So...next big ultrasound is July 11 and next appointment is July 15. Of course I will update before then!!

No comments: