Friday, June 27, 2008

We definitely have movement!

Over the past 4 weeks or so I have been feeling some slight movement. It was ever so slight to the point that I really wasn't convinced it was the babies and figured I was just gassy. Too much information?? Oh, you'll live. And actually, over the last 2 weeks, it has become much more regular and has felt more like little taps and bumps than little butterflies or gas bubbles.

Well, as of about 3:45 this morning, there is absolutely NO denying that the babies are having themselves a little party in there. I couldn't sleep (no surprise there), so I went to get the computer to play solitaire and try to find some soothing music to put in the babies' bedroom. As I was listening to some classical music, Baby A (the one on the left) went absolutely crazy. I put my hand on my belly and could feel tons of kicks and rolls and head butts. And what shocked me the most, is that when I took my hand off, I kept staring at that area of my belly...and wouldn't you know it, my belly moved! Not just a little and not just one time either! He/she was going nuts rolling around. I told Nate this morning that Baby A will be his little classical music baby because Nate absolutely loves classical music.

Baby B remained fairly quiet the whole time Baby A was dancing up a storm. But of course the minute I turned off the computer to try to get some more sleep, Baby B decided it was time to be wide awake. The kicks and jabs weren't quite as strong as Baby A, but enough to keep me from falling asleep for another 30 minutes or so!

I did have my ultrasound on Tuesday. They looked at my liver, gall bladder, and kidneys. About 5 minutes into it, the ultrasound tech said "well, I'm pretty sure I know what your problem is." Immediately I said "so I'm not imagining things?" And she said "no, you're not crazy." Of course she couldn't tell me what she thinks it is because the radiologist has to look at it. But she did assure me that it would not threaten the pregnancy and I am not going to die. Good to know! So I will just wait to get my results on Tuesday from my OB. I'm not in any hurry. I could call to find out sooner...but what are they going to do for me anyway? So I'm content to just wait until my appointment.

No comments: