Saturday, May 31, 2008

Our first purchases!

So we've begun the task of buying some things for the nursery and of course some other things "of interest." Haha. We were going to wait until after our 20 week ultrasound when we would be given the assurance that everything looks okay with both of the Monkeys, but a lot of the things we really like have been going out of stock. I was afraid that by the time we decided on making some purchases, we would have to settle for our second choice for everything! Instead, we decided to get busy today and buy some things. Although we will NOT open or assemble any of them until after our big ultrasound...which by the way, is scheduled for June 13. Friday the 13th! I'm not superstitious, so I'm not overly worried. Nate isn't superstitious either, so we're good to go!

This will be our crib. Of course, we bought two!

The crib converts into a toddler bed (then a day bed and full size bed if we so choose).
I like the drawer underneath for some extra storage space!
The changing table. Again, I like the single drawer for the smaller items like nail clippers and bulb syringe. The diapers will be kept in the open spaces for easy (and quick!) access!!
The carseats. Yes, green and brown. Gender neutral, remember? We will not be finding out the sexes.

Finally, the matching double stroller.
It was an exciting day today. I now have a little less anxiety about not being "prepared" for their arrival. I know we are only 18 weeks along right now, but that panic has kind of set in about clearing out the nursery of all the miscellaneous things in there (bed, computer desk, 50" TV that Nate swears he is going to fix, boxes of almost anything you can imagine, etc.), doing finishing touches on the painting, and then finally putting in the nursery furniture. So the fact that we got a small start today makes me feel a bit better.

I have an OB appointment on Tuesday. I am really looking forward to it, of course! I will get to see the wee ones on another small ultrasound machine...and that is always cool. I wonder what both of them will be doing. One time, the baby on the right was squirming around while the baby on the left was sleeping. And the next time, it was vice versa! So it will be interesting to see who is doing what on Tuesday!! Will update then.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I just found your blog. I'm 28 weeks pregnant with twin girls, so I completely understand that need to get everything done!

Is the stroller a Graco Quattro Tour? We bought the same one, but it's still in the box.

One word of advice: if you have plans to convert the cribs to full-size cribs, you might want to look into buying the side rails now. We have a convertible crib for our 3.5 y.o. and when it came time to convert her crib, no one sold the side rails anymore because the crib was an older model by then and had been discontinued.