Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

So it's my birthday. I am now 26. It kind of snuck up on me this year. I guess with much of my attention being focused on the babies, stuff like that happens. In fact, I probably could have forgotten my birthday altogether if it hadn't been for the cards I received yesterday from my parents, my in-laws, and a friend. Of course, I was also reminded of my birthday at 12:01 this morning by my cousin! He likes to do stuff like that. So when I talked to my mom on my way to my internship this morning at 7am, she was saddened to hear that she was not the first person to wish me a Happy Birthday on my actual birthday! Instead, my cousin Jordan beat her to that. I told her to make note for next year...she will have to set her alarm and call at exactly midnight! I'm sure I will be up with one of the babies, right?

I was not only reminded by several people that it's my birthday, I was also reminded by my good friend Heather that this is the last birthday I will celebrate as a non-mommy. Then my sister-in-law Chelsea sent me a text message telling me to "enjoy the peace and quiet because next year at this time it will be a different story!" Yes, she is very right.

Well, I am off to celebrate my big day...at a night class. I just got home from my internship, and now I am headed to my last class as a student! It stinks that it is on my birthday, so Nate and I can't do anything tonight. However, I am SOO excited to finally be done! I have 1 week of my internship left and then I graduate on May 10th. Oh how life is changing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh jess! I'm at work and reading your blog and I had tears rolling down my cheeks...I am so happy for you! I love how you told Nate and I cannot believe that you were able to make it through lunch with him without him knowing something was up. Sorry to hear the morning sickness has been rough...hopefully it goes away completely pretty soon so you can eat lots of yummy food and put on that beautiful baby weight! Plus, it'll be good to have some more weight to put behind the punch you give the next jackass that something rude. And with all the jackasses in the world, someone will say something I'm sure. Just tell them..."I'm working on creating TWO lives...what have YOU accomplished today?" :)