Friday, April 4, 2008

2:30am feedings stink

So the babies aren't even here yet, and I'm already not fond of the 2:30am feedings. The past few days, I've been waking up ravenous. I try to ignore it and go back to bed -- because after all, it's 2:30am. However, after laying awake for another 30-45 minutes, I figure I might as well go eat something if I'm ever going to fall back to sleep. It's been frustrating, but I guess it's also preparing us for what's to come! I've been trying to eat something right before I go to bed hoping that it will stave off my hunger till the morning, but it hasn't been working. Does it work with babies?? Maybe that will be my strategy with them. Feed them right before bed and pray they can make it till morning. Wishful thinking, I know. ;) People can dream, right?

Other than that, things have been going well. The "morning sickness" has lightened up quite a bit (knock on wood) and I'm beginning to get some energy back. Nate has been wonderful these past 4-5 weeks. He has allowed me to rest as much as I need to and has been taking care of the household duties that I've been neglecting. And of course, he continues to cook for me, though it's been hard for him to find too many things I'm actually hungry for. I've been living on Wendy's baked potatoes as of late, specifically their broccoli and cheese baked potato. Yummy!!

So that's about it. Will write again within a week I'm sure. There isn't much to report at this stage of the game. I'm sure as we get further along, there will be more to write about. So bare with us till that point!

No comments: