Saturday, April 26, 2008

13 weeks

So the babies are really growing. At this stage, they are each 3 inches long. And that is just from crown to rump/butt. If they extended their little legs, that would give them even more length! Three inches is quite a bit longer than I had imagined. Nate and I were in the store yesterday, and we happened to walk past the tape measures. So I had to pull one out to take a look...holy cow!

In addition to that, we now have 2 full ounces of baby. Each little one is measuring at a whopping 1 ounce. Plus, they are surrounded by about 2 tablespoons of amniotic fluid. AND, if you want to know about the placentas, each of those (considering there are two) is also weighing in at an ounce a piece.

You would think I would be a little bigger at this point considering everything that is going on in there. We're talking 6 inches and 2 ounces of baby, 2 ounces of placenta, and 2 ounces of amniotic fluid. I'm sure it won't be long now until I have myself a little pregnant belly!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are going to be the cutest pregnant lady...I can't wait to see you in sexy maternity clothes : )
Love, Sarah