Monday, April 29, 2013

New camera!!!

So my birthday is in a couple of days...and I decided to splurge and get a new camera.  This is the first time that I've had a camera that's not just a point and shoot.  Luckily, there IS a fully automatic setting which essentially makes it like a point and shoot.  In fact, that's the setting that all of these pictures were taken in.  I have a steep learning curve ahead of me to really figure out the ins and outs of this camera.  Aperature, ISO, lighting, movement, framing, etc.  So while I learn and play around with it, I still have the option of the camera pretty much doing everything for me in its automatic setting.  Apparently, once I *really* learn how to use this camera, the quality of pictures will be even better than what the automatic setting can do.  I'm pretty excited about that because I'm really impressed with the quality of pictures taken in that basic setting!!
 
Taken with the old camera but had to include it because it's just too cute.  As you can see, our old camera did take some nice pictures, but I had to try hard.  Really hard.  The new camera gives me a nice picture with almost every shot!!

New camera.





 
 
 
As you can see, the weather is finally warming up!!  I think the last of our snow melted on April 26th.  And we've been in the low 70s the past few days.  However, it looks like it's too good to be true.  Because in just a couple of days, we're going to drop back down to highs in the mid 40s.  Now that the girls got a taste of summer activities, I'm not sure how they'll handle being cooped up inside for the next week!  In addition to the lower temps, it's supposed to rain all week.  Ugh.

1 comment:

Cee said...

Hey Jess, try switching it over to the P setting so it adjusts for the lighting better. Girls looking gorgeous as always!