Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The banana diet

That's the diet that Emmi is on.  She will eat bananas...and only bananas.  We haven't tried all foods with her yet.  But so far we've done rice and oatmeal cereal, applesauce, pears and sweet potatoes.  Nope, nope, nope and nope.  What a stinker.  She's actually our only baby who has ever refused the cereal!  I remember all of the other girls refusing the green veggies (peas and beans), so I didn't even attempt those with her yet.  But maybe those are the ones she'll actually like!!  When I talked to Dr K about it at her 6 month appt, she wasn't concerned in the least.  She said that there are those babies who never really eat "baby food" and just progress right on to table foods.  So we'll see.

She's also a very proficient sitter now.  It's so sad.  She's growing up far too fast.  But if you ask the big girls, she's not growing up nearly fast enough.  They ask multiple times a week when Emmi is going to grow up.  I tell them that she is - and they argue with me that she's not.  I think they're ready for her to be another little walking and talking playmate.

I've been flying solo at night for a few weeks now.  That's part of the reason I haven't been blogging as much.  By the time I pick them up from daycare by myself, get all the girls fed, dressed for bed, teeth brushed and in bed...I run out of energy.  Nate's been working a weird shift the past few weeks - he goes in at 5pm and ends at 3am.  So he's able to help me with the morning routine and getting the girls off to daycare.  But I can tell the big girls are not fond of this new schedule.  Only seeing him for about an hour each morning is just not boding well with them.  Each night as I'm putting them to bed, they whine and say "I want my daddy" to which I have to reply that he's at work and can't tuck them in at night.  I feel so bad for them.  Nate's been told that he should hopefully be back to the day shift no later than the end of March.  So keeping our fingers crossed!

No comments: