Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Four year olds...

So somehow we got on the topic of boys and girls the other day.  They were listing the kids in their class and saying "he's a booooy" in a rather disgusted, ewww kind of way.  Out of shear curiosity and knowing that I haven't taught them a single thing about the differences between boys and girls, I decided to ask.  I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to hear the answer...but alas, I asked anyway.

Me:  "So girls, what makes a boy a boy?"
Them:  "They're just a boy."
Me:  "I know, but how do you know that a boy is a boy?"
Them:  "They have short hair."
Me:  "So kids with short hair use one bathroom and kids with long hair use another?"
Them:  "Yup."

Thank you.  Just the answer I wanted to hear.  I love 4 year old logic.

I'm feeling terrible that there aren't many pictures of the big girls.  In the few attempts I make the pictures never turn out because they're turning away at the last second, blinking, running away, yelling at me for taking their picture, giving the cheesiest/fakest smile imaginable, etc.  I just don't have the energy to chase them around and coax them into taking a nice picture!  So here's Emmi.  She's easy...she doesn't move!!!

Okay.  So just kidding about the pictures.  I've apparently maxed out my picture sharing capacity on the blog.  I need to do some trouble shooting.  I'm too stinking tired to do it tonight, so off to bed I go.  Hope to share some pictures soon!!

No comments: