Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Overall update

I've had a couple OB appointments in the past week.  My 36 week appointment was supposed to be on Wednesday but got pushed to Friday because the doctor was out sick.  And today, I had my regularly scheduled 37 week appointment (yeah, just 4 days after my last visit)....

Everything is trucking along just as it should.  Blood pressure is great and I'm measuring 36cm.  Yesterday, I contracted for well over six hours about every 3-5 minutes.  However, none were painful.  Some were uncomfortable, but definitely not painful.  So I wasn't concerned about the contractions.  What I WAS concerned about is that my usually hyperactive baby became rather calm for several hours.  I texted Dr L and she suggested drinking some ice cold water to wake the baby up a bit.  That seemed to have done the trick and I felt much more confident that she was still doing well. 

So at my appointment today, Dr L wanted to hook me up to a non-stress test for twenty minutes just to see how the baby was doing over the course of some time (versus just a 5-10 second heart rate check with the doppler).  I'm happy to say that she is doing absolutely fine.  Her heart rate varied anywhere between 125-155 and she tolerated the few contractions I had during that time frame just fine.  Whew.

Busy week next week.  Addi has an appointment with Audiology on Monday, then an appointment with ENT on Tuesday.  And I'll have my 38 week OB appointment on Wednesday.  Pretty sure the ladies at the front check in desk will know me quite well by the end of next week!!

No comments: