Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Last Pregnancy Survey

How far along?  35 weeks!

Total weight gain/loss:  Too embarrassed to share.  Let's just say that I'm likely going to finish this pregnancy having gained more than I did with either of the prior two pregnancies.  With Elli I gained 30 and with the twins I gained 33.  In my defense, I started this pregnancy weighing less than I did with the other two.  And I actually think I'll end the pregnancy weighing about the same as the last two.

Maternity clothes?  Do I even need to answer?

Stretch marks?  They're wonderful looking.  Nice and shiny.  But not from this pregnancy...at least not that I can identify!

Sleep:  Depends on the night.  Some nights it's really, really lacking.  Other nights it's not great, but managable.  I'm still on the couch (for the back support) and will be for the duration of the pregnancy. 

Best moment this week:  Potentially agreeing on a name for a girl.  Middle name is still up in the air.  But progress is progress I guess!

Movement:  At times I feel like this baby is trying to create a hole on the left side of my belly with its tiny little foot.  It feels like she's grinding it in one spot all the time!  It's not a pleasant feeling!

Food cravings:  Still none.  No surprise.  I've never had cravings with any of the pregnancies.

Gender:    We should be finding out pretty gosh darn soon!!

Labor Signs:  There was actually a day last week that I had to go home from work for a couple of hours.  I started contracting every 4 minutes.  I knew I needed to lay down and guzzle some water.  And that did the trick.  After those couple of hours, the contractions spaced out to about every 10-12 minutes and it was back to work for me!  Since then, I've been having my fair share of Braxton Hicks contractions, so my body is starting to gear up!

Belly Button in or out?  Half and half?  The top half is out but the bottom half is not.  It's interesting.

What I miss:  Playing with the girls the way I used to.  I've reached that point where getting down on the floor is hard.  Getting back up is even harder.  And my back screams for mercy if I'm on the hard floor for too long.  I still play with them.  It just takes some creativity as to how best to go about doing it! 

What I am looking forward to:  Slightly cooler weather!  Temps in the 90s with a heat index over 100 does not go over very well with heavily pregnant women.  A nice little cool down would be nice so I can enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy!

Milestones:  I start weekly appointments next week!  You know what that means?  The end is super, super close!

Last week's picture.  But here I am at 34 weeks!

No comments: