Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Updates

I had my 22 week OB appointment on Monday and all is well.  Dr L confirmed that the baby looks perfect.  All of the ultrasound images and measurements from two weeks ago were great.  I'm measuring right on track.  And overall, I'm doing well...still in that 2nd trimester honeymoon where the non-pleasant things of early pregnancy are gone but I'm not yet big enough to be achey and waddling!  So things are good!

I had to take the girls with me to the appointment.  Dr L hasn't seen them in ages.  And I think it was mostly by luck of the draw, but she was able to guess who was who!  The girls received a sucker and a sticker to occupy them during the visit and when it came time to listen to the baby's heartbeat, they had to tell Dr L all about the babies in their own bellies.  Addi has a baby brother and Livi has a baby sister.  And mommy?  She has a baby girl.

It's amazing how they refer to the babies the same way every single time.  Addi always has a brother in her belly, not a boy.  Livi always has a sister in hers, not a girl.  But mommy always has a girl in her belly, not a sister.  Anyway, after sharing the genders of the gestating babies (real or fake) with Dr L, they got to listen to the heartbeat.  It was sitting in the 140s.  And if you ask the girls, the baby was saying "thump, thump, thump."  So yes, mommy and baby are doing great thus far.

The last update is about the camping excursion.  Well...someone neglected to look at the weather forefast before setting up the tent.  After everyone went outside, I got myself ready for bed.  After that, I turned the computer on to check the weather.  HUGE storm moving our way.  There was no chance it was going to miss us.  I took the computer outside to show to Nate.  His response?  "Holy crap, that's a BIG one!  Oops."

So we brought everything back inside.  The girls were going to camp out in the living room with Nate on the air mattress, but even that didn't last.  I guess we'll try the whole camping thing again some other time.  But maybe I'll be the one to take control of checking the weather *before* the whole setup occurs!!

No comments: