Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year!

With a New Year comes new news...

We're expecting Baby #4.  Now this isn't necessarily new news for people who know us in real life because the word has been out for about a week now.  But for everyone else, it's new news!  I'm 7 weeks pregnant today, due August 22nd.  Last week, we had a confirmed heartbeat.  I was in the Emergency Room for a completely unrelated issue (I was lucky to get the stomach bug for Christmas...I must've really made Santa's naughty list!) and they decided to do an ultrasound while I was there.  So we got a brief little glimpse at a flickering heartbeat.

However, I do have a scheduled ultrasound lined up for Monday, January 9th.  We'll be able to confirm that there is just one baby and make sure that the heartbeat is reassuring.  Hopefully I'll have at least one picture to share then.

I'm feeling okay.  Out of the three pregnancies, this is probably the least sick I've been (knock on wood!).  It tends to come in waves.  But overall, I really can't complain.  I am, however, more tired than I was during the other two pregnancies...that I remember anyway!  Heck, I'll take the exhaustion over morning sickness any day!!

Anyway, this is the first year since I started the blog that I didn't do a "Year in Review."  I thought about it, but I just couldn't.  Come June 2011, I simply would not have had the words.  So I opted out of doing it.  I went back and forth on that decision, but ultimately realized that as much as I loved doing the yearly reviews in the past, 2011's would've been far too painful.

Here's to 2012!  I'm excited it's here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such exciting news! I don't know you in real life, but have followed your blog from the beginning and feel like I do. Wishing you all the best with baby #4. As the mother of a 22 month old and a 3 year old, my heart aches with the pain you have went through this past year. I cannot even imagine. 2012 will be a great year.