Monday, December 5, 2011

Success!

The transition to big girl beds has been a success...knock on wood.  The first two nights they went to bed without a peep and slept straight through the night!  Tonight was a little bit more interesting, but still much better than I expected.  It sounded like they were at a sleepover, just chatting away.  I heard one of them end up locking the door, but I was still okay with that.  I could still hear what they were up to and have our screwdriver in case I really needed to get in.  However, once the monitor got turned off, it was time to intervene.

And sure enough, they were having a slumber party in Livi's bed.  All of Addi's stuffed animals and blankets were piled in there.  When I walked in, they were talking about bubbles.  Huh?  Who knows.  They're still kind of being little chatterboxes in there.  I might sense a rough day tomorrow.  It's a daycare day, so they can't take a nap whenever they want. 

Overall, the transition has been much better than anticipated.  I was expecting them to migrate out of the bedroom many, many times a night and for us to have to carry them back to bed.  But so far, they pretty much stay put in their rooms.  Like I said, tonight they've been little chatterboxes, but that could be due to the late nap they had because of company.  They might not be quite as tired as normal.  But on the whole, it's been a success.

No comments: