Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Hey, Nate!"

Alright, so I find this funny.  However, Nate does not.  The past couple of months, the girls have resorted to hollering "hey, Nate" every now and then instead of daddy or dad.  But the past couple of weeks it's been much more consistent than it used to be.  Here's a typical dialogue in the house...

Girls:  Hey, Nate
Nate:  No, daddy
Girls: Hey, Nate
Nate: No, I'm daddy
Girls: Hey, Nate
Nate: Whatever

I find it hilarious but that's probably because it's not happening to me. A couple months ago when they first started it, they would throw a "hey, Jess" in there and yeah, I hated it.  I want to be mommy, not Jess.  But I'm also a hypocrite because I can't help but snicker when they do it to Nate...and then listening to Nate argue with two 2 year olds before finally conceding is simply funny.

1 comment:

Cee said...

OMG I don't know what I would do.
I guess if it were my kids doing that to me I'd say "That makes me sad when you don't call me Mommy!"
Sometimes 2y/o's respond better sadness rather than anger!

It is quite funny though, haha.