Friday, April 22, 2011

Counting

I'm so proud of Livi.  Her speech has taken off in the past few months!  She used to just defer to Addi and let her do all the talking for both of them, but she's definitely realized now that she has an opinion too!  In fact, just a few months ago, she wouldn't even make an attempt to repeat anything we said...and now she's a little parrot! 

Anyway, she's recently developed an interest in counting.  She will count blocks, flashcards, objects in books, etc.  I've heard her count as high as thirteen so far.  She knows other numbers as well, I just haven't ever heard them in numerical order.  But what absolutely blew us away the other day is that she can also count in Spanish!  Over the weekend, Aunt Chelsea was babysitting all three while Nate and I went out for a couple hours.  When we returned, she asked us if we knew that Livi could count in Spanish...."uhhh, no?"  Well sure enough, she counted up to six for us!  And just a couple days ago, she actually counted up to eight.  So she can get up to 13 in English and 8 in Spanish.  I'm pretty impressed.

She has really blossomed with her speech.  And I am so very proud of her.  Just a few months ago, I was concerned because she was only saying maybe 15-20 words total. And Dr K kept reassuring us that twins tend to talk later.  But of course I worried anyway!  And now here we are, she can clearly say words such as "delicious" and "octopus."  Needless to say, I'm not concerned anymore!!

No comments: