Friday, January 21, 2011

Big girl beds

.....not happening any time soon.  We attempted big girls beds Sunday night.  And although they went down without a fight and fell asleep right away, that's about as good as it got.  Addi had the strong desire to migrate over to Livi's bed each time she woke up in the middle of the night.  And Livi was unimpressed by having a bed partner.  Nate had to remove Addi from the wrong bed at least 4 times.

Nap time was much of the same.  Three times I had to go in the room to remove her from Livi's bed.  Actually, one time I didn't even have to remove her...she removed herself.  The second the door started opening up, she took off like a flash and scurried right across the room and jumped in her bed!!  So she obviously knows she's not supposed to be in there.  And I also had to make one other trip into their room after I heard a strange clicking sound I had never heard before.  Great.  So I go in, look in Addi's bed and she's not there (shocking).  So I look in Livi's bed.  Ummmm, she's not there.  Where in the world...I lost my 2 year old!!  Here she was under their little bedside table messing with the nightlight.  Good gravy lady.  It's nap time.  Go to bed!!

She eventually fell asleep and took quite a good nap actually.  But not after annoying the snot out of Livi several times first.  I think each of them would do quite well in big girl beds as individuals.  But as a collective unit in one bedroom?  Umm, maybe not.  So their cribs have been put back together.  Oh well.  Maybe when they're five...

I know I've been slacking in the pictures department.  Can you believe that I haven't downloaded any pictures since the new year?  Crazy!  We've taken a ton (as usual).  I just haven't gotten around to transferring them onto the computer.  Soon, I promise, soon. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love reading your blogs. It's good to know that many mom's go through the same joys & struggles with little ones :) The best part is that no matter how difficult the day (or the night), you can always look at your children when you need a smile.

Jess said...

I couldn't agree more with your last statement. So true. :)