Thursday, December 23, 2010

A visit with Santa

After procrastinating until the last possible second, Elli finally got to meet Santa for the first time ever. Knowing that the wait was probably going to be fairly long, we decided against taking Addi and Livi. Plus we figured that they would be afraid of him anyway, so why torture them with standing in a long line? Of course I'm not 100% certain that they would've had a meltdown. But I like to think that I know my kids pretty well...and I had a strong sneaking suspicion that they would not have been fans.

So Elliana and I stood in line for an hour and 45 minutes!! Good golly. Thankfully a lady I used to play volleyball with was standing ahead of me and a girl I went to grad school with was standing behind me. So I had a couple people to keep me company during the long wait. Little Elli fell asleep in my arms for quite a while but she woke up right before it was her turn!! She was determined not to sleep through such a big event!




This is the professional picture. I'll try to take a better picture of it (our scanner is broken) so that Santa isn't obscured by the flash. Once I do that, I'll replace this one.

While we were standing in line, a little boy said to his mom "mommy, babies aren't supposed to have that much hair!" Haha. Too cute. His mom told me that all of her babies were bald. So he wasn't used to seeing babies with any hair...especially as much as Elli has.

Then I saw a teeny tiny newborn. And honestly, I thought Elli was still tiny. But all of a sudden, Elli seemed huge!! In my head I'm thinking "oh please don't let it be true that she was ever that small. She hasn't gotten *that* much bigger has she?" Unfortunately, it's true. These pictures prove it...

Just shy of 2 weeks old.

And 3 months later.  Wow.

No comments: