Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm a working woman again

So I survived my first 4 days back at work!  And so did all of the girls. The very first day back, Elli was pretty much on a bottle strike.  She really didn't eat much while I was gone.  The second day, she maybe took 1-2oz more.  But then the last two days, she finished off all the bottles that I made for her.  So hopefully she'll continue with that.  I was off today and then I'm back on for another 3 days till I get a little time off with my girls.

It was hard being away.  I think it was harder going back to work this time than it was last time.  Partly because twin infants are tough and it was a bit nice to escape the chaos for a while!!  But also because I know that a bunch of "strangers" are taking care of my kids this time.  When I finally went back to work after the twins were born, my mom was here most of the time to watch them.  I sometimes had to bring a sitter in the house, but that was rare.  This time, the big girls go to daycare and I have a sitter come to the house to watch Elli (except for my work weekends when Nate gets the pleasure of watching all 3!).  So I worry a lot more this time around than I did last time. 

However, the girls are doing better and better with daycare.  They continue to cry a little when I drop them off but their primary teacher has told me that it lasts about 5 minutes and then they're done.  And the fact that Elli continued to do better with the bottle each day that I was gone was also reassuring.  So maybe within a few weeks I won't worry so much about all three of them.

And speaking of worrying...I'm taking Addi to the doctor tomorrow.  She's had 6 epidodes of vomiting in the last 6-7 weeks.  The stomach bug that ran through this house accounts for one of the episodes (the episodes can include multiple pukes per day), but we're not sure what's going on the other times.  At times I've felt as though she has a very sensitive gag reflex because it seems to be sparked by her coughing - which there's been a lot of since both girls have had constant colds since starting daycare.  But this morning, she was sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing when she simply threw up all over herself.  She's not feverish, she usuallty acts completely normal afterwards (high energy, talking a mile a minute, etc), she doesn't "look" sick and so forth.  I called the triage nurse this morning and she definitely thought it warranted a visit.  So we'll see was the pedi has to say.

Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks.  The snow pictures are from the fun we had outside BEFORE we received a record high of 22" of snow in a 24hr span.  We have soooo much snow now that the girls would probably get lost outside!

They weren't quite sure what to think! Livi left, Addi right.

Addi.

Livi.

Addi left, Livi right.

Elli is talking to daddy.

She's still working on finding that thumb!

She's getting too big, too fast.

She's my little peanut.


No comments: