Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Great Bottle Battle

Well, I go back to work in just over two weeks.  And little Miss Elli is still hit or miss with the bottle.  At times she'll suck down 3-4 ounces in minutes.  However, more times than not it's a huge battle just to get her to take an ounce.  She fusses, screams, cries, etc.  We had switched from Avent bottles to Playtex Drop-Ins several weeks ago and she seemed to be doing better with those.  However, after she was giving Nate a really hard time last night, I switched her back over to an Avent bottle...and she gulped down 2 1/2 ounces.

So I don't know what to do when I go back to work.  Maybe make sure both types of bottles are available and simply tell the babysitter "good luck."  We'll see.  She has 16 more days to figure out what she wants (besides mama!!).  I know that she'll eventually eat when she's hungry.  But I feel bad for the babysitter who will have to listen to her scream until she finally concedes to the bottle.  And I'll feel bad for Elli knowing that she will cry until she realizes that the bottle is her only option for 9 hours.  Like I said, we'll keep working on it...and I can only hope that we see major improvements in the next two weeks.

In other news, Elliana found her fists about a week ago and constantly tries to suck on them now.  Sometimes she wakes me up in the middle of the night smacking her lips on her fists.  It kinda looks like she might be trying to get at her thumb, but she obviously doesn't have the coordination for that quite yet.  It'll be interesting to see because Addi was a thumb sucker and Livi was a nuk baby. 

I definitely like my hands!

I've been working hard during tummy time.

My smile can't get any bigger than this!!

No comments: