Saturday, November 13, 2010

2 month appt

Our little Elli had her 2 month appt two days ago (she's officially two months old today).  The doctor is very pleased with how she's developing.  One of the first comments Dr K had is that she is a very looong baby.  And she was right!  Elli measured in at 24 inches (97th percentile) and 11lbs 8oz (70th percentile).  What's funny is that before the appt, I said to Nate "I bet Elli is about 11 1/2 pounds. And I'm willing to guess she's sitting right at about 24 inches."  Hmmm.  I guess you get kind of good at these guesstimates when it's your third kid!!

So yeah, she's doing fantastic.  The only real concern we had was the outbreak she had on her face/forehead about a week ago.  A few days before Halloween, she developed some baby acne which wasn't a big deal.  Just a few dots on each cheek, nothing concerning.  Well this past Sunday she woke up and could barely open her left eye!  It was that swollen.  Her entire face, forehead, and eyes were red and blotchy with lots of bumps.  I wasn't sure if it was a really bad flare of baby acne, a rash, eczema, an allergic reaction, etc.  It was terrible!  And I've never experienced it before because both of the big girls always had flawless skin.  Not even one little baby pimple!

I took several pictures to show Dr K at her well baby visit.  Turns out that she had a REALLY bad flare of cradle cap!  Well technically, if it's not on the head/scalp, it's called seborrheic dermatitis.  I guess it's common to get it on the face as well.  I'm so thankful it wasn't an allergic reaction.  Because honestly, my first thought was that she was allergic to something I'm eating.  And if that's the case, the 200+ ounces of milk I have in the freezer for when I go back to work would have to be thrown out!!  Whew.  Just cradle cap.  We can deal with that.  In fact, she looks almost 100% better than she did less than a week ago.

Oh yeah, and shots.  She did just fine.  She cried for less than a minute.  She was quite sleepy the rest of the day, but it was kind of a restless sleep.  She woke every 15-30 minutes.  But really she just needed a little cuddle and went right back to sleep.

We have a big day planned tomorrow.  Elli is being baptized.  Yay!  And the big girls are having their official birthday party!  We had two unofficial birthday celebrations right around their birthday.  But since we knew a lot of our family would be coming to town for Elli's Baptism, we decided to put off the party until then.  So it should be a fun day!!

No comments: