Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I better write now...

...because I think our computer is petering out on us.  So this may or may not be the last post for a while.  In fact, I just realized that I can't post pictures because of what's currently going on with the computer.  Hmmm.

But speaking of pictures, I finally transferred all of them from the last 2+ years to a flash drive as well as an external hard drive.  I've printed very few pictures dating all the way back to the big girls' birth.  And wouldn't that be devastating if the computer crashed and I lost all of those?!  Ugh, I can't even imagine!  So it's taken a computer scare to get my butt in gear and back up all of those pictures.

Anyway, Elli started smiling a little over a week ago.  She's been a little bugger though and wouldn't let me catch it with the camera!  Of course, until today...when I can't share it anyway!  There's nothing like a huge gummy baby smile!  I love it!!

She continues to be a very good baby.  She wakes up about 3-4 times a night, but she's strictly business most of the time.  She generally just wants to be fed and she goes right back to sleep.  Of course, she does have her nights where she decides she wants to play when she wakes up.  But thankfully, it doesn't happen very often.  I'm actually kind of surprised because if you can remember, she NEVER slept while in the womb.  She was on the go constantly.  I thought for sure she was going to be a lot like her biggest sister in that regard and I'm so thankful that she's not!!  Addi rarely slept.  And in fact, she's still not a great sleeper.  But Elli takes good naps and sleeps quite well at night.  So different than her antics in the middle of the night while I was pregnant with her!!

The only complaint I have about Elliana is that she doesn't reliably take a bottle.  It's been tough on me because I don't get much of a break.  Not that I need much of a break, but I would sometimes just like to run a few errands without worrying about whether or not she's screaming her little head off because she's hungry (but refusing the bottle).  We've tried 2 different nipples for the same bottle and we're now on a different bottle to see if she likes them better.

I have a dentist appointment on Friday and will have a sitter here to watch all three girls.  My anxiety has been sky high for over a week now even thinking about it!  At least if I'm running errands, I can quickly make it home if I receive a phone call.  But I can't just up and leave the dental office.  I mean, I could.  But I really shouldn't.  So please keep your fingers crossed that she either doesn't get hungry while I'm gone or she decides that she's okay with the bottle that day.  She doesn't refuse all the time, but she's definitely hit or miss.

In other news, Adalyn recently cut three of her two year molars!  It absolutely shocked me for a couple reasons.  1) The bottom molars are "supposed" to come in first.  But leave it to Addi...her first two were the top ones!  And 2) Livi has *always* held the tooth count lead.  So I was watching her more carefully than Addi, especially because her fingers are constantly in her mouth and have been for a couple months now.  However, it was Addi who cut the first molar (and second, and third).  Just when you think you have them figured out - you don't.

No comments: