Friday, May 14, 2010

Baby Update

We had our big ultrasound on Wednesday. And the baby looks great. Oh, and the baby is still a surprise!! Half way through the ultrasound, Nate was actually on the fence about whether he wanted to know or not. But in the end, we stuck to our guns. If we do decide to know before the birth, all I'll have to do is email Paula and ask her. We once again had our favorite ultrasound tech. And she made it very well known that she knows what we're having. So if curiosity really does get the best of us (which I don't think it will), she'll tell us. Oh yes, and Paula loves us so much that she secretly scanned the photos and about 15 video clips from the ultrasound onto a disc for us!

As I thought, this baby is one very active little baby. When the ultrasound started, Baby J was head down with the head facing my left hip. Shortly thereafter, the baby moved to breech. Then back to head down with the head facing my right hip. Then breech again. And by the end, settled on being head down. Whew.

Anyway, the baby is measuring a bit ahead of schedule at 14oz. The femur length was a full week and a half ahead of where it should be. So we're going to have another long-legged little child...very similar to Miss Adalyn. The baby's heartrate was at 149bpm. He kept his arms crossed in the shape of an "X" over his face for a majority of the ultrasound. He stuck his tongue out at us a couple of times. He kept spreading his big toe out away from the rest of his toes...very similar to what Miss Alivia does. And we found out that the baby is a very flexible one as the picture will show.

Baby's profile (the bubbly thing above the belly is the umbilical cord)

Baby's face with the arm above the head and a fist that seems to be floating in mid-air.

The right foot with the big toe spread away from the rest!

The long-toed left foot.

Baby's arms making an "X"

And last but not least...

The baby curled up in a ball.  The knee is almost touching the nose!!

After the ultrasound I had an appointment with Dr L.  My blood pressure was good...102/64.  I'm back to measuring close to on track instead of measuring several weeks ahead like I was last time.  I'm up about 6-7 pounds so far.  I'll be going back for another appointment in 3 weeks. 

Oh yes, and something a bit funny.  The other day I was getting something out of the bedroom and Adalyn followed me in there.  Of all the things she could've found in the room, she decided to carry the Baby Name book out into the living room.  So apparently she wants to name the baby!  Which is probably a good thing, because Nate and I are absolutely clueless.

No comments: