Monday, January 25, 2010

I know I've been slacking

Sorry.  Life just got busy and the blog got dumped by the wayside.  We're all doing well here.  Still healthy, yay!  I wish I could say the same about our big screen TV.  Poor thing fizzled out on us Friday night.  It's just the lamp that needs to be replaced, so we ordered the piece pronto.  I think the girls are missing their Sesame Street!  Not good.  There have been more temper tantrums, more food throwing (they usually watch some TV while eating to distract them from the "fun" of throwing things on the floor), and less things getting done around the house.  Sesame Street usually provides us with ample time to tidy up, get some chores done and disinfect the house.  Not so much right now.

The girls are quickly becoming mommy's little helpers.  Alivia has deemed it her personal responsibility to push the high chairs back into place when they're done eating.  Like I said, they watch a bit of TV for a distraction, so we have to pull them forward so they can see the TV.  After we wipe hands and faces and (gently) shake the babies to get the crumbs off, she *needs* to push the high chairs back...not just hers, but both.  Once they reach their final destination, she claps.  A lot.  And if she doesn't clap for herself right away, all I have to say is "Good Job" and that sparks a nice round of applause!  Too cute.

Adalyn helped me dust mop the kitchen and dining room the other day.  She had to walk in front of me and help me push the mop.  I think she thought she was pretty smart because she kept looking back at me with a huge, cheesy grin on her face.  And because dust mopping was so fun, she had to help me vaccuum shortly thereafter.  Do you know how hard it is to vaccuum with a toddler attached to it?  You can't do the normal push-pull motion.  Instead, I walked up the hallway, turned around, and walked back down the hallway.  We went in straight paths instead of push-pull, push-pull.  Although it took quite a bit longer to get the vaccuuming done, I didn't mind.  The girls are constantly learning and I don't mind taking the time to show them how to do it.  Especially since I will reap the benefits in about 5 years!!!  Haha.  Just kidding.  Or am I?

They're still working on the whole sharing aspect of playing together.  What one has, the other needs.  Just like any other young kids.  But just two nights ago, they were trying to feed each other graham crackers.  It was so sweet.  I kept emphasizing the fact that they were *sharing* so nicely.  "Yay, girls, yay!!  Sharing is so nice!"  They just smiled and went about their mission of filling the other's belly.

No comments: