Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween a little late

We didn't do much for Halloween this year. We just stayed at the house and handed out candy to the kids. The girls really enjoyed watching all the people come to the door. We didn't splurge this year and get the girls costumes. We knew we wouldn't be going anywhere, so there really wasn't a need for costumes. But we are full-heartedly looking forward to next year when we'll take the girls out Trick or Treating for the first time!

Meanwhile, I just tried to snap some photos of the girls in their Halloweeen outfits. Can I tell you that pictures are getting harder and harder to come by? Getting a good picture of just one of the girls is hard enough. But getting both of them in a picture? Almost impossible. They move...a lot. By the time you position one baby and reach for the second, the first baby girl is already gone. Grrr. But I try nonetheless!! That's the go-getter in me. Ha! Just kidding.

Ummm, an interesting little story. Alivia is afraid of pumpkins. In fact, she is afraid of anything that is big, round, and rolls. We actually noticed this a couple months ago when Adalyn decided to push our yoga ball out into the living room. I've never seen a baby crawl so fast to get away and then cry so hard. Out of curiosity, I brought a couple other balls into the house. Basketball? Afraid. (not good by the way, as mommy wants them to be basketball players!!!) Soccer ball? Afraid, but not terrifyingly so. Softball? She's ok with it. So anything larger than a softball produces high anxiety in my poor little girl. I can just see it now...she's going to be on the Maury Povich show because of an odd phobia of things that are big, round and roll. Remind me to DVR that.

Anyway, she was fine with the pumpkin for all of 10 seconds before Adalyn gave it a good push. Once Alivia realized we've got another roller on our hands, she wouldn't have anything to do with it! Though Nate and I put her next to it a few hours after the fact hoping to snap a couple quick pictures. She lasted for about a minute. Then she must've remembered she has a phobia. So yeah, there aren't really any pictures of Alivia with the pumpkin! Good thing I didn't bring ALL of them into the house!

Adalyn absolutely loved the pumpkin.

This is about as close as Alivia would get.

Little stinker screamed at me and then gave me this face.

Addi's trying to eat the pumpkin.

All smiles since the pumpkin is nowhere in sight!

These are the best pictures I could get of them together! I know, pathetic.

No comments: