Friday, September 4, 2009

Changing Tables

So this is completely random but I thought I'd share anyway. I was thinking about this the other night when I couldn't sleep. I used to have huge issues with insomnia for several years. But the girls seem to have cured that! I mean, we're still up with them several times a night...but when my head hits the pillow, I'm usually gone! Aaaanyway.

We have a changing table in the nursery (aka - the girls' shared bedroom). And I was thinking just how little it gets used lately. You see, there are a couple problems with its current location. If one of the girls is napping or it's the middle of the night, you can bet I'm not marching in there and flipping on a light to change a dirty diaper!! With as horrible as our girls sleep, I would be clinically insane to do that! So issue number one has essentially been an issue since the day they were born. But during the day and during non-napping hours, the changing table was used quite frequently.

But then we come to issue number two. And that is the fact that we have two babies (duh, right?). Well now that the girls are highly mobile, it's kinda scary leaving the room for 3 minutes to change a diaper. Once I come back, I really have no idea where I'll be able to find the other baby or what she's been able to get into in those short 3 minutes. So it's much safer to just change the diapers in the living room at our little make-shift changing station. Meanwhile, our poor changing table is collecting dust. Oh well.

And speaking of not being able to sleep the other night, I moved myself out to the couch...yes, the same couch where I spent 67 days of my pregnancy. This is really the first time I've slept on the couch (or attempted to sleep) since the girls were born. And wouldn't ya know it, the couch still fits my body like a glove!! I definitely left my imprint on that thing. You can't see any indentations and it's not sagging or anything (I'm surprised given the big old belly I had), but once I lay on it, I just sink right in. Ahhhh.

No comments: