Wednesday, September 30, 2009

By the numbers...

As the girls' birthday approaches, I've been finding myself reflecting back on the whole pregnancy, labor, birth, etc. So I thought I'd give you a little more insight as to what transpired using some facts and figures -- or by the numbers.

308 - the number of terbutaline pills I took for preterm labor (here I went into this pregnancy not even wanting to put a Tylenol in my mouth!)

112 - how fast my heart beat the entire time I was taking terbutaline

67 - we all know this by heart by now, the number of days I spent on bedrest

51 - inches around I measured by delivery day (a gain of a little more than 2 feet!)

47 - the number of weeks I measured if I had been pregnant with one baby

33 - pounds I gained

28 - minutes that separate the girls

19 - OB related office visits (16 of them with Dr L)

18 - exactly how many weeks I was when the contractions began

16 - the number of different nurses I had (I had several more than once!) from the first preterm labor admission to the day we were discharged home with the girls

13 - the number of combined pounds the girls weighed on delivery day (well, 1 ounce shy)

7 - the number of "big" ultrasounds I had to measure the babies' growth

5 - preterm labor admissions to the hospital

5 - injections of Terbulatine while in the hospital to stop contractions

4 - bags of IV fluids I received during my preterm labor stays (I had more during the actual labor and delivery, but I'm not exactly sure how many more!)

2 - steroid shots received to help the girls' lungs mature

2 - Fetal Fibronectin tests performed

2 - beautiful healthy little girls

1 - perfect outcome

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wondering what your plans are for their birth-
day celebration ... wanna tell now? (or perhaps
you want to wait and tell it all AFTER the events
are all over).

Here's hoping the day is lovely for you all,
in every way.

-- dhsh (your Marshfield 'audience')