Saturday, September 20, 2008

Any day is baby day!

Well, today marks 34 weeks. And my labor will no longer be stopped!! I can't believe we have arrived at this day. It is a day I never ever thought would be possible. But, here we are, after 53 days of bedrest. I cannot begin to explain how excited I am. I thought for sure these babies were going to be born several weeks ago, but they are hanging in there!!

I'm SOOO excited to meet them. But it's still a bit early. I am hoping to hold out for at least another 1-2 weeks so that they have a better chance of coming home with us from the hospital. If I do make it another 2 weeks (to 36 weeks), they will stop my medication and take me off of bedrest! That's just 14 days away. Hey, I've already survived 53 days (but who's counting, right?), so I know I can survive 14 more if need be. I do worry about how my body is going to react after I am "mobile" again. My muscles are mush and my stamina is darn near pathetic!! Taking a shower makes me feel like I just participated in the Iron Man Competition!!!

In other news, I have been ATTACKED...by stretch marks. Surprisingly, they don't bother me that much, if at all really. I guess going through what I have gone through to get to this point, they are kind of the least of my worries. I easily could have had these babies at 27-28 weeks and avoided them altogether, but then the babies faced a looooong NICU stay and possible long-term disabilities. So if I have to live with a few stretch marks for the rest of my life, then I am okay with that. The health of these babies is by far more important.

I will try to post an updated picture of the ever-expanding belly tomorrow. Could possibly be the last one!

Oh, and the poll is still open. So if you haven't voted yet, see the red box to your right!

No comments: