Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Weight status

In summary, I'm still not eating enough. I have gained 16 pounds at this point. I had an appointment with my dietitian today, and she would have liked to see me up to at least 20 pounds or so by now. But everyone around me can vouch for the fact that I am eating A LOT!! I think these babies just kicked my metabolism into high gear! They sure are enjoying the Beef 'n Cheddar sandwich I had from Arby's after my appointment. My belly is bouncing! Both my dietitian and my OB still want me to get up to at least 40 pounds total (maybe even 45), so I have at least 24 pounds to gain in the next 14 weeks.

When I checked in for my appointment today, the receptionist told me that I am a "very cute pregnant lady." Then she went on to say that I am all belly. Which for the most part, is true...for now! You know your belly is big when you go into a bathroom stall, and when trying to shut the door, you smack yourself in the side of the belly! Oh, and the fact that seeing your feet is not nearly as easy as it once was -- though at this point, I still can. Oh, and when you go to hug your husband, your belly touches him before your arms do!

Big ultrasound on Friday. I am so stinking excited! Stay tuned for pictures. And pray for BIG babies -- right around 1 1/2 pounds each would be great! Thinking about going to DQ for a Blizzard. The babies enjoy their sugar every now and then just like their momma!

No comments: